Coastal Engineering & Belting regards environmental and community issues as integral elements of our business. We are committed to " best practice " environmental management in all aspect of our operations.
This matches our " here-to-stay " business objectives and our long-term vision for the protection, management and sustainable utilization of the environment. We also seek to be a responsible and respected corporate member of the communities within which we work. We will comply with all relevant legislation governing the protection of the environment.
Our Commitment In all operations we make a commitment to:
- Work pro-actively with all levels of government, regulatory agencies, our clients and other community stakeholders to enable environmental issues to be addressed at an early stage of operations;
- Ensure that we inform, listen to and respond to the reasonable needs of local communities affected by our projects;
- Undertake activities in a manner consistent with the principles of ecologically sustainable development;
- Prevent pollution and minimize other adverse impacts of our activities on the natural, build and cultural environment;
- Reduce waste through minimization strategies and promote the efficient use of natural resources;
- Promote environmental awareness among all employees, contractors and partners to achieve CEB's environmental objectives;
- Continually improve our environmental performance by periodically reviewing and evaluating our environmental policy and management systems to ensure they remain effective and relevant;
- Communicate this policy to employees, our subcontractors and the public by posting it in our workplaces and including it in induction processes.
CEB has not had any incidents under the Environment Management and Pollution Control Act 1994.